Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fabulous

So we had the best weekend!
Friday - Our great day in South Haven
Saturday - We had some little projects around the house that we needed to work on and got quite a bit done. Trent's parents kept the girls for us and we had a night to ourselves. We decided at the last minute to head to Eastwood Town Center in Lansing for dinner and a movie. We went to PF Chang's for dinner which was ok. Normally I would be more excited about dinner there but I didn't love what I ordered, always a bummer. It was kind of like eating stir fried jerky, so if you have this on your list of things to experience, try the Beef A La Sichuan. I thought it was going to be more like the Mongolian Beef but spicier, I was WAY off base.
Trent was all excited about seeing the Dark Knight so that was next. Have you seen it? Now it is breaking records all over the place and almost everyone I have talked to has said how fantastic it is, but I didn't love it. I know I sound like I am complaining; dinner now the movie but I really did have a good evening. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it, but I think it was just a little too dark and twisty and long for me. Would I see it again probably not, will I see the next one, probably will rent it.
Sunday - Trent's aunt Jann extended an invite to all family that was available to come for lunch and hang out by the pool for the day. I was so happy we were able to go and we had the most relaxing fun day. The kids just had a blast playing with each other, it is so fun to have cousins that love to be together. Trent took the kids home and I went to a water aerobics class. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting a huge workout from the class but again I was way off. I feel like I spent about 15 minutes treading water alternating between just using legs, then arms, then only the right or left sides ~ it was tough. Then we had to kick across the pool using only our legs, I didn't think this was going to be that difficult, wrong again. I will definitely do this workout again.
All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I am sad it is over, tomorrow begins a new week and a new weekend to look forward to!

No comments: