Monday, February 25, 2008

Blue screen of death

So a couple weeks ago I'm downloading some pictures and the "blue screen" comes flying at me! Have you seen this screen? It has a bunch of technical stuff and the comforting words your computer is doing a physical memory dump as to not harm windows....HUH? So it shuts down and when I go to turn it back on the blue screen is the only screen my computer wants to present. After it sits for a couple days I decide to call my friend Bryan who usually bails me out when my computer and I disagree on how it should run. Of course me vs. computer the computer wins. Computer vs. Bryan, Bryan is triumphant and he says it's a driver issue with 2006 Dell computers. You may remember a couple months back I was ready to smash my Dell with a sledgehammer. I am still feeling this way and am really disappointed with the lack of concern from Dell customer service.
This being said they certainly won't be receiving any further business from me. I feel I was duped into buying a computer that was more than I needed, translation: cost a lot more money AND has had issues since we purchased it AND the last rep I spoke to told me it was a known issue with the model. The fans have been replaced twice with no correction of the problem and now they won't even consider looking further into the matter as my warranty has expired. If it was a new issue I would expect that I would need to pay for service or get a new warranty or whatever. But this is an ongoing issue, a problem that has not been resolved since 2006 and new fans, a new motherboard and BIOS updates have all been unsuccessful. Is it really too much to ask for your computer to not sound like a jet engine preparing for take off? I think not! Macbook, here I come...

No comments: