Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Letter to my pastor...

I just wanted to thank you for the grow survey. The timing for me could not have been more perfect as my lowest scoring area was missions. Honestly, I have in the past dreaded "missions month" and it is probably my most missed month of church in the year. I know that sounds horrible...
This year after the survey, after talking with my small group, I have tried to examine my heart and find a new perspective. I think I personally feel so insignificant sometimes here in my own little world how could I impact someone across the universe? I guess I didn't think that my prayers or pennies counted. It didn't seem like it was a big enough sacrifice, but I guess every baby step counts. When I was in Florida I came across an article about Haiti's poorest eating dirt to survive. I thank God for putting that article in front of me, when I got home we got the hand out that outlined missionary family's and different church projects. Lo and behold our church has a program with goats in Haiti! It was exciting and pointed me towards a way to reach out. So I guess I just wanted you to know that my heart has been touched by the missions focus and thank you. Without that survey, without the missions focus I would be none the wiser and probably would have just glossed over the article, and gone through the month only half in to it. I really enjoyed hearing Blake Wood yesterday and learning more about Mel Hayward's adventures. Sometimes new perspective is all we need.
Thanks again, Maria

No comments: