Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lost and Redneck Weddings

Ok, so what happened to Lost? I missed the season premiere last week because we were flying home from Florida. I thought last week it was on Thursday for a special premiere. I still haven't seen it because my computer has a "blue screen" error but that is a whole different story. I have been waiting for it to replay as I know ABC, and I know they just have to re-play the episodes to fill in. So last night I assumed that it would be back to Wed night, I check the listings and find Wife Swap, Suppernanny and Cashmere Mafia, no Lost. What the heck? I check yahoo tv this morning and find that it is on tonight following a re-broadcast of the premiere. Did I miss a memo that it was moving to a new night? A new night that does not work well for me if the writers strike ever ends. How am I supposed to watch Ugly Betty, The Office, Grey's Anatomy and Lost when they are all on at the same time and we don't yet have Tivo? So I am in the kitchen doing dishes and pouting about no tv and Trent yells "turn on 58, hurry". The girls at his his work have been talking about this show, My Big Redneck Wedding. Have you heard about it? If you haven't, and you want a good laugh, check it out on CMT! Geneva and Kyle were featured last night and wow, here is just a bit about them...
"Geneva and Kyle are 18 years old, redneck and in love. Deep in the Appalachian Mountains of Tennessee, this worry-free couple chose the public golf course with its busy driving range for their chapel. Fearing neither flying golf balls nor Geneva's traditional parents, they're going whole hog with all the fixings -- pork rinds, ground souse meat and pickled pig's feet. Attire is camo for all the guests. A tractor brings in the bride. That is, if the groom survives his own bachelor party -- a full-on bottle rocket war where the fireworks are aimed at each other. Somehow, these two are set on showing their friends and family that they're young and fun, but their marriage is the real deal with a beautiful country-themed wedding in the great outdoors."
And, no I didn't make that up. When other shows come back, this one still may be searched out when I need a laugh:)


No comments: