Thursday, October 18, 2007

Can I help you?

Have you ever been to the Heavenly Ham on West Ave? Well if you have you will probably understand where I am coming from. I can tell you one thing for sure, I don't go there for the customer service or the cheery disposition of the workers.

When I used to work in Jackson we would go there for lunch and the workers were always cranky. Last night when I got a craving for a toffee cookie it was the same experience I have always had, same cranky workers different day. You would think if they were that unhappy with their jobs they would find something different but after a couple years they are all still there.

Is it really that hard to smile when you ask can I help you? And to me that question is just stupid, yes you can help me or why would I be standing here???So I order our food and we sit down to eat it was about 5:40 and they closed at 6:00 but really how long does it take to eat a sandwich and some chips. I hear a voice from beyond, you know we close at 6:00 right? when you are done just put your boxes over there (pointing to the counter). I just say ok, thanks and watch as the people pour in and the faces get crankier and crankier. Hey if you want to be closed at 5:45 then change your hours, people are thinking it's ok to come in since your open sign is shining bright and the hours on the door say open to 6:00!

So I salute you cranky Heavenly Ham worker ladies maybe if it's not too much trouble you could try, just try to crack a smile today:)

No comments: