Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A hundred years....

So yesterday at ballet the front desk lady and I get talking about how my daughter can do the splits almost all the way each way you can possibly do the splits. Her daughter is standing there, who is a junior in high school and a cheerleader at Northwest, my alma mater - Go Mounties - Anyway...she says to me do you know Kris? (her coach), I say yes, I cheered with her daughters but she was not my coach I think she was at the junior high then. She says Seriously? she has been at the high school for like 100 years... I said all you heed to do now is call me ma'am and I will officially feel like an old lady! Of course this made me laugh, but feel a little sad also. I am usually the smart mouth talking about people that are like 100...

What happened? How am I all of a sudden older? Last year at WMU Homecoming Brook tried to tell some guy she was a junior and he chuckled, do we really look that old? I have come to the realization that I am no longer a 20 something but a 30 something and apparently to a high school student a 100 something!

**By the way to tie the splits thing in, it was how we actually got on the subject of cheerleading and gymnastics that ballet is a good foundation to both!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ahhh crazy! I'm a Mountie too! I graduated from Northwest in 2000. I found your blog through a friend of mine, Heather Morrison. She is friends with Heather Swinigan who has Sara Luke's blog linked on hers. Anyhow, I just realized there were like 4 other bloggers in the Jackson area! What a small world!

My blog is www.nbarczak.typepad.com if you want to check it out.

Its nice to "meet" you!

Nicole Barczak
nic073@sbcglobal.net