Thursday, November 15, 2007

Teary Eyed...

For those of you who know me, you know that I cry ALL the time, I am the sap that tears up at commercials, I think I have cried on every episode of Grey's Anatomy and sometimes just the smiles on my kids faces brings tears to my eyes. What can I say I'm emotional...Well tonight the kids and I are eating at Marino's and a guy with a VETERAN hat comes in, later I notice across the restaurant there is a young man dressed in his US Army Camo. When the Vet has the opportunity to ask "did you just arrive home?" He says "Yes Sir" The Vet gives him a strong handshake then throws his arms around him and says "Thank You". For a few seconds they both just stand there and then he continues to tell him how we stand behind our troops and he appreciates all they have done. The young man replies "thank you sir for what you have done also" As I am sitting there trying not to stare, I realize that my eyes are teary and I have a huge lump in my throat. It was an awesome moment to witness. I wish I could have found the courage to say thank you to both of them.

No comments: