Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Deceptive


So for my birthday I got the greatest cookbook, Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. If you have kids you need this cookbook, it is filled with recipes to sneak fruits and vegetables into everyday foods. I have successfully blended cauliflower into macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and chicken chili. They have totally eaten spaghetti with sweet potato and cauliflower and didn't even bat an eye. How do you accomplish this amazing feat? You puree the vegetables so they are completely smooth like baby food, then the deception begins. My kids have no idea the veggies they have been eating and I feel so triumphant. It is almost like a game to figure out what I can sneak into their food.
Complete sidenote, Sweet Home Alabama is on right now and I heart this movie, alot!


No comments: