Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's okay it's old...

So Sara reminded me that I haven't blogged about "the chair". Have you ever had one of those moments where you wish you could just sink into the floor? Well this is one of those stories and I guess in a way I did sink to the floor...A couple weeks ago we were at a friends for small group and dinner. We are getting ready to eat and I go to sit down, then at the last second, I decide to sit in a different chair because I notice it had arms. I pick up my glass of water to move and yep this is what happened next...

Nothing, I mean nothing boosts you up like breaking a chair as you are going to sit in it! I mean seriously, I am holding a glass of water (not a drop spilled by the way) still crouched, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. Lissa, the owner of the chair, was so sweet and said "that's okay it's old", I'm thinking to myself - yeah...yeah it is old because it is an antique!!! I'm not sure if they were able to save the chair or not but I feel absolutely horrible about breaking it and am seriously considering a diet.

2 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

It would have happened to any of us. When did you snap a picture?

Maria W. said...

My camera was in my purse so I actually was able to capture this fine moment for all eternity:)