Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bug Howse

I love the new experiences of kids and the creativity of my own. They found this plastic container in a pile of stuff my Aunt Laurie gave us. They took out the beanie baby and came back with the "bug howse". Ally is learning to spell and if you have been there or are heading there let me tell you it is tough. Why wouldn't you spell house that way, she looked at me and said h o w s e, and made the w sound a couple times and just stared at me.
If I were a bug this is for sure where I would want to live. Though I probably wouldn't live long without air. My kids love "light bugs" and the other day Ally actually wanted to bury Emily, her dead firefly. I told her we could probably just get away with throwing her in my flowers, that's probably where she would have wanted to be anyway. Luckily this suggestion was met with no opposition. She opened the door and flicked her into the flowers.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the way kids spell when they're first learning to read! My kiddo has begun labeling all her drawings - things like "polur bare" and "dolfun" ... :) English sure isn't an easy language in terms of all the rules, what with "Y" saying "EEE" and silent Es and vowel combos and all! Makes perfect sense to me that house would be spelled howse.

Cheers!