Thursday, July 31, 2008

The good, the bad and the yucky!

So eating healthy is good and bad. Let me break it down...
The Good
1. Feeling better
2. Weight loss
3. More energy
4. Hmmm...I'm sure there are more good but just not coming to me right now
The Bad
1. It is EXPENSIVE
2. It can be a bit restricting
3. I miss Diet Coke, Aspartame and all
4. Did I mention expensive?
5. Time consuming, it is much quicker to go through the drive through or purchase a pre packaged, preservative filled meal
6. Organic fruits and veggies don't last as long, they need the preservatives to last more than 2 days without wilting/molding
7. Requires a lot of thought and label reading
8. Vegetable based breakfast sausage
Yep, I bought frozen veggie breakfast sausages. What do they taste like you ask? How about a mixture of goo and cardboard, yeah I think that about sums it up. I'm really making a good effort but this is where I will definitely have to draw the line. They were super disgusting and I think made Trent almost lose his appetite which is a difficult task. So I think I still had a good dinner minus the cardboard and goo rolled up to look like a sausage, Trents dinner I don't know you be the judge.
My dinner...
egg whites scrambled with reduced fat cheese, mushrooms and onions
whole wheat english muffin - I only ate 1/2 of one of the halves
turkey bacon and about a tablespoon of hashbrowns, I just needed a little taste...
coffee (black) - my new lifeline to caffeine
Trents dinner...
6 egg omelet (the whole egg, not just the whites) with mushrooms, onions, like 5 pieces of bacon and cheese. Oh yeah, don't forget the package, yep an entire package of sausage gravy
A huge mound of hashbrowns
coffee, with more creamer than coffee
I guess the healthy eating for the family is a work in progress...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oo good luck with the heathy eating it's hard although I did the South Beach before I got PG and did really well.