Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I love white bread

I was raised on white bread, pure carb loaded, goodness stripped out, delicious white bread. We had bread at every meal. My dad used to make spaghetti or macaroni and cheese sandwiches with buttered bread. Sounds gross but those millions of carbs mixed together are fantastic. Don't believe me, try it yourself. Next time you have spaghetti, take a piece of fresh white bread butter it up, with REAL butter of course, put some spaghetti in there, fold it in half and dig in. This can also be done with original blue box Kraft. Using any other brand, easy mac or homemade has not been tested therefore I can't be held responsible. If you try it let me know.
So I am trying to make the switch slowly but surely to wheat. I have heard that unless it is 100% whole wheat you may as well be eating white, I think that is good advice but I guess I'll continue to try. I have found whole wheat tortillas and whole wheat english muffins that are good but I just can't get into a slice of dry, hard, seedy wheat. My last purchase of bread was "whole grain white" I think this is just glorified white bread but at least it sounds high tech.
I have been trying to add healthier foods to my diet and cut out those that I know are just plain bad. I gave up Diet Coke, again and haven't had any fast food in 3 weeks. I miss the Diet Coke but amazingly I am doing ok without the fried foods. I'll keep you posted on the white to wheat progress!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I couldn't agree more, I am also a white bread lover. I just stocked my freezer with some thick, heavy whole wheat/grain bread that was on sale at Meijer last week. I had some today and all I really wanted was a piece of white Italian bread. ugh.