Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Camp

Family Camp is held at Somerset Beach Campground every year. We just spent the week "camping" with most of Trent's family. I use the term camping very loosely as Trent's parent had a room at the Applewood Lodge. Air conditioning, a real bed and our own bathroom is our camping experience. I know, really roughing it, but I'm just not much of a camper. His parents volunteer for the week and my wonderful sister in law was gracious enough to offer to keep the girls while Trent and I worked the beginning of the week. I stayed out there Wed-Sat and we had so much fun. I feel blessed that my kids were able to spend the week there.
Luckily she can just jump in the lake to clean off!
Playing in the sand is a big part of the day
Sawyer, Cecily, Ally, Wittaker, Lanie, Grammy and Roarke

Saturday was a yucky rainy day, we had planned on staying but the rain sent us home, it gave me a head start on laundry and getting back to life.

The best of the week:
The beach and the beautiful weather
Bible school for the kids
Time with family
Nightly Church service
Learning how to play speed Scrabble
Catching up with friends
The worst of the week:
Hoards of attacking mosquitoes!

No comments: