Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Question of the Day...

Have you ever received one of these emails?
Sorry, guys, it's quick and for a kid's school project! (And you are the ones I thought might follow through - either because you have kids, you like science, or you're just plain nice.) This is for a science fair project. If you could do this I would appreciate it! DON'T ASK, JUST PLAY! Copy and paste this entire letter into a new e-mail (PLEASE do NOT hit FORWARD), then read the list of names below. If your name is on the list put a star* next to it. If not, then add your name (in alphabetical order), and do not put in a star. Send it to ten people and send it back to the person who sent it to you. Put your name in the subject box! You'll see what happens...

It's kind of cool! Please keep this going. Don't mess it up, please:

Bloomsburg Division Aaron, Adam, Aileen, Alastair, Alexis, Allison, Amber*, Amy**, Andrea*, Andy**, Angela, Angie, Any, Ann**, Anne***, Asha, Ashley, Astin, Austin, Barb*, Barbara, Beth, Bill*, Bryan, Carenna, Carey, Cathy,Charlie, Cheryl*, Chris, Cindy, Colleen, Connie, Corrie, Dana, Dawn, Debbie, Dennis, Diane, Donna*, Eileen, Elaine, Emily, Erik, Erin, Evelyn, Frank, Georgia, Gina*, Hamilton, Hayley, Heidi, Jackie*, Janet, Janie, Jannette, Jeannie, Jeff, Jen, Jenny, Jennifer*, Jessica, Jill*,Jim, Joanne, Joe, John*, Judy*, Julie, Julia, Kajene, Kara, Karen*, Kate, Kathy***, Kelli, Kelly, Ken,
Kendi, Kevin*, Kim**, Kristy, Lauren*, Leigh Anne, Lettie, Liliana, **Linda, Lisa***, Liz, Lori, Lorraine, Lorri, LuAnne, Luz, Mandy, Margery, Maria*, Mark, Marsha, Martha*, Martina, Mary**, Maureen*,Meagan, Melanie, Melissa**, Mia, Michael, Michele***, Michelle*,Milann, Mira, Naira, Nancy*, Noreen, Pam, Renea, Rich, Robyn, Sally, Sandy, Sarah, Sharon, Sheila, Sherol, Sherri, Sonjon, Stephanie**, Susan*, Suzanne*, Tania, Tammy, Teresa***, Theresa*, Therese, Tiffany, Tina, Toni, Tony, Tracey, Troy, Wand, Zaivy
So if I send it to 10 people and the person that sent it to me in what way will the person that started the email for the "school project" ever get it back or know the results? Maybe I'm missing something, will someone enlighten me?
PS...I did send this to 10 people and not a darn thing has happened.

3 comments:

Erin K. said...

Hereis an answer to your burning question. (Hopefully the link will work.) Can I just say that I LOVE snopes.com???

P.S. I found your blog through Sara. Those cupcakes sure looked yummy, and I'm so happy to hear that no vegetables were harmed in their making.

Unknown said...

Dear Maria, I see that I am not your friend on this page, but I am your friend on Facebook. So, I'm now even more confused than ever...are we friends or not. By the way, I took your stupid "Are You Normal?" test on Facebook, and found that I am only 36% normal. Imagine what your dad is, if I am the "normal" one in the family. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Your friend and not,
Aunt Tammee

Leza said...

Late last night, I received this email from a good friend. Because I was rushing to get the computer to my hubby, I did not check it out like I normally do. So I sent it out, as well. When I was nodding off to la la land, all of a sudden I thought that same thought--how does the person that started this get it back? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Hopefully we'll all have fun with it, anyway! :-P