Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good Save

I just got stopped on the Teen Choice Awards. I was flipping the channels deciding there wasn't even anything on worth watching and happened to catch the clips for best TV actress. One of the choices was Eva Longoria, so they show a clip from Desperate Housewives. I personally am a fan of the show but I am 33, NOT a teen, whom I can only assume is the target age of the Teen Choice Awards. I watched in disbelief as they show a clip of Bree telling Gabby (Eva) how she has not yet had sex as she is waiting for marriage. Gabby after laughing hysterically says "Oh, you're serious???"
Maybe just me, though I doubt it, a clip talking about sex? when the audience is teens? SERIOUSLY, I would like to know who the braniac was that thought that was a good idea. The winner of this award thankfully went to an actual teen, Miley Cyrus for Hannah Montanna. Her acceptance was full of joy and enthusiasm as she thanked God for everything including her family and her fans. All I could think was good save Miley, I hope your excitement is what the viewers remember and not the poor choice made by TV execs. The worst part of it all was thinking how most of those kids remembered that episode and thought Eva Longoria deserved to win...

No comments: