Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Life Begins


My nephew, Roarke Wilson Watterson, was born today. He weighed in at 6 lb 14 oz, and was 20 1/2 in long. We can't wait to meet him, my kids have been counting down the days till his arrival and have come up with a plethora of names including: Spider Man, Ashton, Bryce, Tristan and Kaylee. Ally came up with those on her own and when I told her Kaylee was more of a girls name, she didn't care she liked it for her new baby cousin. Lanie has pretty much been stuck on Spider Man and any time we talked about it she would yell "Spider Man" like it was really in the running. My digital camera is not working so hopefully I will be able to post a pic soon!

2 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

Roarke? Like Sandra Bullock's last name in "A Time to Kill?"

I love the name . . . it's so unique. But I think I'll have to whip out my fake southern accent to say it correctly!

Nicole said...

Ok, this might sound like a really weird question. Are you by any chance related to a little one named Whittaker Watterson? I ask because... I student taught at Bean with Melissa Moffitt. While student teaching, her cousin (I believe... Taryn? Maybe not...) had a little boy named Whittaker Watterson, and the last name Watterson doesn't seem too common.