Thursday, August 9, 2007

Snooze

I woke up this morning like usual hitting snooze for about an hour on my clock that is set an hour or so the wrong time. Why do I do this???? So I can confuse myself in the morning as to what time it really is. Does anyone else do this? yes, but most people set their clocks like 10, 15 min. I think the hour started with daylight savings a long time ago and has continued from there. Anyway why? NO CLUE, my husband doesn't get it and most of the time no one around me does either and quite frankly I don't quite get it myself. My fear of actually setting the clock to the correct time is that I would confuse myself into thinking it was an hour ahead and then I would be behind. Confusing, yes but somehow in my college days I came up with this system that would help me get up on time for class. I only had one 8:00 class in my 4 years and that wasn't even 8:00 it was 8:30 and Brook and I had it together. My roomate Shane would always come in and so sweetly tell me it was time to get up, everyday I made crap up about thinking about my day, I'm awake, Aren't classes cancelled because of the weather? You name it I can make it up when I am supposed to be getting started for the day. You would think that with all the brain power I require to think about how to get more sleep it would probably just be easier to get up. I do try, I tell myself the night before, OK tomorrow no snooze, just wake up. Maybe one of these days I will be successful! The worst part, school is starting and I am going to have to get myself and Ally ready for the day. She has also learned to sleep through the buzzing. I know, I have scarred her with my irresponsible use of alarm and hopefully she will be able to overcome it and actually hear the annoying buzzing as she gets older.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Maria,

I cured myself of the snooze (evil) button by putting my alarm clock across the room. Once I was standing, it seemed quite pointless to go to all that trouble a second time.

The snooze button is really just training for laziness in the morn!
I routed that bad habit out of my life, but still like to stay in bed instead of get up most mornings.

My cure for that is that I have a daily appointment with my walking buddies at 7 am at the Longview walking trail.