Monday, August 20, 2007

Logistics

School is starting in 2 weeks, seriously - 2 weeks, where did the summer go. Are there still really 24 hours in a day or do they really get shorter as you get older? have kids? try to pack too much in? I don't know but this entire year is just flying by.
This year Ally will be moving to Parma for 1st grade, we loved Warner but don't have much of an option staying there since we are school of choice. Parma is just that much farther to drive. So we have to figure out how to get her to school and home.
Mondays I will be able to take her since I don't start work until 9:00, and she will ride the bus home to my cousin Brandi's house everyday, she actually lives in Parma but put a bid on a house in Northwest, if they get that house I will have a whole other can of worms to deal with but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Trent could take her to school everyday but it seems a bit silly since I drive that way. I am supposed to be at work at 8:00 but maybe I can adjust my schedule for Tues, Wed, Thurs? I also have a friend that said she could get on the bus there and Brandi has made that same offer. So alot to figure out with that and then there is Lanie.
She is scheduled to go to preschool at Sharp Park Academy, a magnet for JPS. I hear it is a great preschool but they are full in the morning so she would go from 12:30-3:42, Trent works at 3:00 so she would have to ride the bus home to another friends house everyday BUT the bus would be kids from preschool to 5th grade and I am not sure how I feel about that, well actually I am sure, I don't like it. So we are on the waiting list for the morning session in which Trent could take her and pick her up OR I called the preschool she went to last year, but they are also full in the morning. Did I mention the JPS preschool is free? Yep I feel a pull toward free.
So that's just school - we also have dance, soccer, Wed night church and 2 parents that work. You wonder why families are stressed.

No comments: